A Fundraiser in V's Memory | Still Playing School

A Fundraiser in V's Memory

By Devany | Labels: ,

My best friend, who is holding and meeting V in the picture above, approached me with an idea a few months ago.  What if we could raise money in honor of V to donate to one of the foundations that helped us when we were pregnant with her?  I immediately agreed, knowing how therapeutic it would be for me (and others) to help future families in our situation.  Because, unfortunately, the idea haunts me every day that other parents are learning right at this very minute that something is not perfect with the baby they are expecting.  The baby they already love and want so much.  My husband and I have discussed how the day we received the news was the worst day of our lives, far worse than the day that we lost her.

In order to help these families, I am thrilled to announce that we will be doing a Zumba Fitness fundraiser on Friday, April 6th.  Since this is on Good Friday, we are hoping for a great turn out from local friends and family that don't have work or school that day!  You can join us by pre-registering to Zumba from 9:30 - 10:30 am for a $10 donation.  We are asking all participants to wear purple in honor of V.

We will also be raffling off prizes donated by local businesses that I love.  You can purchase tickets for the raffles at the event or before since you don't have to be present to win!  Tickets are $1 each or 12 for $10.  I will be listing our donation prizes here soon!

All money raised will go to Sustaining Grace, a non-profit that provided us with a non-medical ultrasound when we were pregnant with V.  This allowed us time to bond with her since we were unsure of whether or not she would be born alive.  We also got videos, pictures, and a teddy bear that plays a recording of her heart beat which are now priceless and so comforting to us.

We also have opened up a PayPal account to accept donations from long distance family and friends.




7 comments :

  1. Wow! What a great idea! Wish I was local so I could get my Zumba on in memory of Sweet Violet!

    Love,
    Sara Mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO THERE!!! I absolutely love this idea, and I can't tell you how much respect I have for you for doing this. I always wanted to do this for the organizations that help Jack, but for some reason, that is SO HARD for me. Good for you, Devany. What a beautiful thing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be there in spirit....and financially....I will also mail you some $$ for some of those raffle tickets....I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where the 's came from in my name above....maybe I am a Nana to another little angel....weird

      Delete
  4. Fun, Devany!!!! A friend of mine offered to do this as well... but I've never done Zumba (in public!) haha! But I think it's going to be great. We don't have a date yet... maybe end of March? It's going to be so fun to be able to help other moms and do it in the honor of our little girls!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there still time to donate as a business? I would like to offer a portrait session for raffle. I read about the fundraiser via Carol Anne's Facebook post. Let me know! Nancy@nancyjonesphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I just emailed you! We are accepting donations until the end of February. Thank you so much!

      Delete